Silicon Beach @ USC
Tutor Campus Center | University of Southern California | October 7, 2015
2016 Silicon Beach @USC Schedule (Subject to Change)
9:00am: Welcome Remarks. Jay Tucker, founder, Silicon Beach @USC
9:30am: Kickoff Panel: Empowerment: Driving Success for the Next-Gen Enterprise. A number of companies have turned their passion into products: creating platforms that will drive success across for companies across the business landscape. FinTech, e-Commerce, automation, operations, and security innovators at startups and established companies will explore how technology is pushing businesses forward.
Moderator: Audrey Bellis, founder, Startup DTLA
- Chathri Ali, Product Marketing, ReCharge
- Bindi Belanger, Executive Program Director, Ticketmaster
- Samantha Paxson, CMO, CO-OP Financial Service
- Tiana Laurence, Co-founder & CMO, Factom Inc.
10:15am: Panel: TECH FROM THE TOP: A Conversation About Platforms, ROI, & Leadership – Join us for a panel discussion with C-level technology leaders as they explore the business case for adopting new technology platforms and services. We will talk about needs assessment, change management and maximizing tech ROI. We will also explore best practices for sourcing and strategic planning in both the public and private sector.
Moderators: Candice Lu, Founding Partner, and John Stewart, Principal, OnPrem Solution Partners
- Ted Ross, GM and CIO, City of Los Angeles
- Stephen Felisan, CIO, Edmunds.com
- Mark Goldin, CTO, Cornerstone OnDemand
11:15am: Panel: EXIT RAMP: How Acquisitions are Driving Innovation in the Enterprise – Early stage companies are increasingly targets of acquisition for Fortune 1000 companies. What is driving this trend? How do large corporations identify startups that provide strategic value – and what does this mean for entrepreneurs?
Moderator: Matt Crowley, author, Winning the Game: How to Successfully Sell Your Business
- Billy Bey, Sr. Director Strategy & Business Development at AT&T;
- Todd Greene, General Counsel & SVP Human Resources, Penske Media Corporation
- Denise Hazime, Controller, VIWO (acquired by New Media)
- Shari Yocum, Partner/Principal, Ernst & Young
12:00pm LUNCH (exhibits)
12:40pm: Branding Workshop for Entrepreneurs – Fabian Geyrhalter, founder, FINIEN
1:00pm: Innovation U – Panel will showcase educational initiatives designed to bring out the best in the next generation of business leaders.
Moderator: Jay Tucker, Founder, Silicon Beach @USC
- Brian K. Shepard, DMA, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, USC Iovine and Young Academy
- Delilah Panio, Founder and Chief Dasher, Stiletto Dash and L.A. Lead, SheEO Radical Generosity
- Dr. Daniel Walker, Founder and Executive Director, Long Beach Indie International Film, Media, and Music Festival
- Zarina Guerrero, I.Am.Angel Foundation
1:45pm: Fireside Conversation – Jon Kraft, founder, Pandora (moderated by Dr. Lance Elliot, Serial entrepreneur and Global VP of Information Technology, Daymon Retail Services)
2:45PM: Panel: Show BUSINESS 2020: The Future of Entertainment – In an era of digital and mobile convergence, the future opportunities for growth in the entertainment sector will combine new tech as well as new business models for music and video. In this panel we will explore the trends that will have the biggest impact in 2020 and beyond.
Moderator: David Ring,founder, David Ring Media (and former Executive VP, Global Digital Business, Universal Music Group)
- John Attanasio, co-founder, Feldspar Ventures
- Amber J. Lawson, Founder & CEO, Good Amplified
- Grant Michaelson, Vice President, Business Affairs and New Media, ABC Entertainment);
- Derek Smith, Principal, Entertainment, Media, & Communications Advisory Practice, PwC
3:45 PM Panel: Beyond Ad Blocking: Reaching the 21st Century Consumer – The future of marketing must address the opportunities and challenges presented by mobile connectivity, streaming video and music, social networking, and shifting demographics and consumer desires. This panel will identify the innovation already underway, from multicultural and social cause marketing to innovations in advertising platforms and more.
Moderator: Melva Benoit, Founder, The Marian Dupree Group
- Astrid Raimondo, Corporate Director of Digital & Cross Cultural Strategy, R&R Partners
- Akhil Anumolu, Digital Retail Strategy, Optimization, & Personalization, Delta Air Lines
- Ben Conway, Chief Operating Officer, Co-founder, VNTANA
- Daniel Smith, founder, jimmyCASE
Zach Poag, VP, Strategic Operations – The Garage, Rubicon Project
4:30PM: Storytelling, World-building & the Business Of Fun: Gaming & Interactive Entertainment – AR/VR, mobile, and multiplayer have transformed the landscape of the videogame business. This panel will explore where the industry is headed and the technologies and experiences that will drive the industry’s growth.
Moderator: Gordon Bellamy, Games Bridge, USC School for Cinematic Arts
- Christina Heller, CEO, VR Playhouse
- Jay Koottarappallil, CEO, White Moon Dreams
- Andrew Stalbow, CEO & Co-Founder, Seriously
- Jonathan Pearce, Intellectual Property Attorney, SoCal IP Law Group
(See the 2014 Event Program here)