An Incredible Opportunity for Startups
The Music Prodigy Team talks about their unique music learning software and their exciting journey since winning last year’s Silicon Beach Awards competition
USC is providing a very special opportunity for startups. Led by the Lloyd Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies and the Institute for Communication Technology Management (CTM), USC’s Marshall School of Business will host its fourth annual Silicon Beach Awards, a $50,000 venture competition focused on innovation in technology & entertainment.
USC’s Silicon Beach Awards provide recognition for innovation in digital media and technology.
ELIGIBILITY: New ventures focused on technology or entertainment are welcome to compete. Entering teams must have at least one current USC student (graduate or undergraduate), USC faculty member or at least one USC alum less than 5 years from graduation. PRIZES: Significant cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 teams: First place: $25,000, Second place: $15,000, Third place: $10,000.
1. A kickoff information session about the competition will be held on September 10th at 3 pm to provide an overview of the competition and answer any questions.(Location: USC campus, Dautrieve Hall, Lower Lobby room 101)
2. Teams must submit applications for the Silicon Beach competition. Applications will be accepted through September 16th at midnight. The form can be found and edited at http://siliconbeach2015.
3. A mandatory training session for all teams that submitted a completed application will take place on September 22nd at 3:00 pm. Additional information that teams will have to complete in order to continue on to the semi-finals will be disseminated at that time. Attendance is mandatory in order to present at the semi-final round. (Location: USC campus, Dautrieve Hall, Lower Lobby room 101)
4. The semi-final round will take place on September 28th at 6:30 pm. Finalists will be notified by October 1st. (Location: USC campus, Popovich Hall, ELC Rooms)
5. The final round will be held at the Silicon Beach @ USC conference on October 7th. (Location: USC campus, Ronald Tutor Campus Center, Main Ballroom)
Please note that USC will record the the Awards finals and the SB@USC event. Also, applicants will be interviewed for Silicon Beach @ USC communication materials.
For more information on Silicon Beach @ USC, including attendee and press registration, additional venture competition details, and sponsorship opportunities, please contact USC at 213-740-0980 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
|Presented by AT&T and the USC Marshall School of Business|